Friday 13 May 2011

Re-testing day

It's Friday night & I'm catching up on the Giro & having a glass of Leffe, thought I'd quickly recap this last week then do another blog entry after the big event on Sunday.

Monday

Rest day on the plan but I had to get down to that London to get retested at 76 Harley Street to see if the training has worked.  So 3 hours on the train, quick tube journey & half mile walk, ramp test then back to Kings Cross & back on the train.  Phew only just made it after the train was delayed outside Peterborough on the way down.  Luckily when I got to Harley Street I was straight into see Jim to get reaquainted with the ergo cycle.

Test was as hard as I remember from the first time especially after a tough ride the day before.  But the results were good, my power at Lactate Threshold was up as was my peak power.  It's quite a confidence boost to know that I had improved since the first test.

Quick chat with Jim about to explain the results & then dashed back for my train with about 5mins to spare!  Met up with Emily & the kids at Waky train station then over to Roundhay in Leeds for grasstrack racing.  Kids did OK tonight Ruby did a good half lap TT & Dylan got into the racing towards the end after getting  a bit stroppy early on.  Handicaps were a bit all over the place but they'll be better next week now the first event is out of the way.

Back home to hear the very sad news about Wouter Weylandt in the Giro. 

Tuesday - Saturday

Last hard training session on Tuesday evening.  4 X 10 min efforts in biggest gear which was fun, have to wonder what people must think I'm up to when they see me pedalling along at about 30rpm.  Anyway seems to work.

Rest of the week I've only ridden to work & back, going to get out tomorrow morning to stretch my legs.  Been fettling the bike tonight, stuck a 26 sprocket on, swapped my computer over from my training bike to my race bike etc.

Off to a party tomorrow night, staying sober & driving, hoping to get home fairly early to get some sleep before an early start on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. Hope the weather improves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather looks OK, looks to be raining later on in the day when fingers crossed I should be finished.

    ReplyDelete