Monday 25 April 2011

Bricked by Gypsies & stung by a bee.

Here's what occurred last week.

Monday

The plan says rest day.  The kids, Ruby (aged 9) & Dylan (aged 6), have been off with Emily's Mum & Dad since last Friday canoeing on the River Wye, so had a bit of a lie in.  Went for a walk round Langsett Res in the afternoon.  Nice relaxing day.

Tuesday

Plan says chain gang.  Legs felt very heavy from the Brian Robinson Sportive on Sunday so struggled to get near the front & do many turns, was there or thereabouts in the sprint.  Oh & a Gypsy threw a brick at me which was nice.

Wednesday & Thursday

Plan says rest days, other than work obviously which was pretty heavy.  Coaching at KCA on Thursday night at Spen Valley High School which is always fun.  Few crashes but nowt too bad other than Harrison running over James's head in the last Devil race.  No harm done.

Friday

The plan says go hilly for 2.5 hours & do 9 hill sprints.  Well this was pretty hard, wasn't sure whether I'd get through this one but told myself to HTFU!!  Used the shortened version of the Eric Biddulph Memorial road race course which is about 3 miles.  Had a chat to a few horse riders to give them some warning of the road race I'm organising on 26th June.


Here's a youtube clip of the Eric Biddulph Mem RR from 2009 won by Star Wheeler Mark Buckingham.

Have to say felt pretty good after this one & rode home nice & fast.  Got stung by something on the way down to New Mill which was a bit painful.

Saturday

Felt hungover this morning which was strange as I hadn't drunk anything the night before.  Felt really queasy,
had to give my sandwiches away at work as I couldn't face eating them.  Not sure what's up, I've either overdone it with the training or I've had some sort of wierd reaction to the insect sting or like Mark Newby suggested I've been cursed by Gypsies.

Anyhoo rest day today.  Work then quick sleep then Star Wheelers Go Ride at Newsome.  Nice sedate balance & co ordination type session, just the job for a rather warm afternoon.  Thankfully Huddersfield seemed to miss the massive thunderstorm that caused flash flooding in Sheffield.

Sunday

The plan says 4 hours.  Out on my own as I didn't fancy the route the Star Wheelers were going & they would be going too fast I reckoned.  Went over Windy Hill & back over Saddleworth, felt good at first then coming back over the Pennines felt like I was sinking into the tarmac, struggling a lot especially compared to the previous week.  I was on my winter bike though & stomach still not great.

Did 3 hours 45 by the time I got home.

Plan for next week looks proper hard!!  Might have to pay a visit to http://www.hardenthef**kup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment